Mr. Brian Maher
President, CEO and Director
Mr. Maher is an economic geologist with over 34 years of experience in the international mining and exploration industry. Most recently, Mr. Maher was the President, CEO and Director of Prodigy Gold Inc. where he guided the company through a period of expansive growth, culminating in the $341M acquisition of Prodigy Gold by Argonaut Gold in 2012. Mr. Maher received his BA degree (Geology) from the California State University, Chico in 1980 and his MSc. degree (Economic Geology) from Colorado State University in 1983. In 1982, Mr. Maher began a 16-year career with ASARCO Inc. Mr. Maher initiated, designed and supervised exploration programs for gold and copper deposits in a variety of geologic environments throughout North and South America. From 1998 through 2002, Mr. Maher operated a successful geologic consulting business, emphasizing geologic modeling, resource estimation and business planning, to multiple junior, mid-size and large mining organizations. Between 2002 and 2004 Mr. Maher was Project Manager for Metallic Ventures Gold Inc., supervising underground and surface exploration, mine development and operations at an underground gold mine in Nevada. In 2005, Mr. Maher joined Hochschild Mining PLC. At Hochschild, Mr. Maher was involved in all aspects of the company’s North American exploration program, serving as the Exploration Manager for the US, Canada and Mexico. Responsibilities at Hochschild included supervision of exploration and mine development programs, economic analysis of acquisition candidates and developing new corporate strategies.
CPA-CA , Chief Financial Officer
Ms. Verli is a Chartered Professional Accountant with over 10 years of financial management experience in the mining sector and 20 years of overall industry experience. Ms. Verli started her career with KPMG in the audit and consulting practice and ended her tenure as Senior Manager of the firm’s audit practice. Ms. Verli was most recently the Senior Vice President, Finance and Treasury for Kirkland Lake Gold, where she was instrumental on consolidating the finance and treasury teams, policies and practices for the various acquired entities. Ms. Verli was the Vice President Finance with Lake Shore Gold Corp. for 9 years, until September 2016, providing senior financial planning and analysis support, treasury responsibilities and managing the internal controls. She played a key role in building the accounting department as Lake Shore Gold transitioned from a junior exploration company to a commercial producer. Ms. Verli holds a Bachelors of Economy, a Bachelors of Geology and a PhD in Economic Sciences.
Hector Paredes Tarazona
Hector Paredes Tarazona is a Professional Mining Engineer with over 25 years work experience in the mining sector as Chief Mining Engineer, Operations Manager, General Manager, Country Manager, Regional Managing Director and Chief Operations Officer (COO), acquiring knowledge and insight in all key areas of mine management and business development. Hector has strong technical, management, negotiation and business development expertise having travelled and worked extensively in the Americas and Africa. Areas of particular expertise include:
- Business management, from start-up (market analysis) to strategy definition and its implementation (people selection, client / market development) including business plans, marketing, business development, budgeting, operations, accounting, finance, human resources, and legal.
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM services), including Project Management, Concept, Prefeasibility and Feasibility studies related to Mining Capital project.
- Management of multidisciplinary technical teams covering geology, mining, metallurgical, civil, structural, electrical, instrumentation and drafting disciplines.
- Operational Risk Control, design and implementation of Safety, Health and Environment controls (risk based integrated systems, including ISOs standards).
- Industrial explosives, production and application.
- Mining operations, both underground and open pit Au, Cu, Ag, and Zn.